Monday 8 August 2016

There Are No Firm Rules - Platform Residency - Access Space

Access Space

Jake Harries showed us around Access Space, just round the corner from Site Gallery. Here you can  learn how to fix and maintain computers through free workshops, they have a fabrication lab with an emphasis on recycling and skill sharing, as well as art, music, performance and residencies.

We talked to Jake about DIY technology, the use of open source software and maker spaces.
We also talked about re-wilding and the strange phenomenon of supermarkets.



Maybe I can learn to help myself when my laptop charger breaks..
I found this:
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Repairing+Apple+AC+Adapter+Broken+Cable/20434


Great instructions but I haven't managed to do this yet. Can we learn how to manage and fix all the technology we use ourselves?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.